- The Benjamin Franklin High School
Counseling Department is located on the second
floor. Find your counselor's office number
below. All 219 suboffices are accessed through door
- Mr. Patrick Tubbins (Last Name A-K) - room 219D
- Ms. Janet DeGrazio (Last Name L-Z) - room 219C
- Mrs. Saramae Dalferes, College Counselor - room 217A
- Ms. Diane Judie, Counselors' Secretary - room 219B
YOUR COUNSELOR (NOT THE COLLEGE RESOURCE
- Obtain a pass from the counselor you intend to visit
before school or during the lunch period.
- Show the pass to your study hall teacher at the beginning
of the period.
- Proceed to the Counseling Department offices via door
- The counselors' secretary will monitor your attendance.
COLLEGE RESOURCE ROOM
- Hours: 7:30A - 3:45P
- Located in the new counseling department offices, in
- Enter door number 219B.
- To visit the College Resource Room during the school day,
follow the procedure listed below.
THE COLLEGE RESOURCE ROOM OR TO MEET WITH A VISITING COLLEGE
REPRESENTATIVE (NOT YOUR COUNSELOR)
- Pick up the appropriate blank pass from the
Counselors' Secretary at least a day before you want to
- Have the teacher whose class you are leaving sign the
pass in advance. You will find that most
teachers require at least a day's advance warning to
grant permission to miss a class. Your teacher
has the right to refuse your request. In this case,
you should attempt to visit before school, during lunch
or your study hall, or during another period.
- Present the pass to the Counselors' Secretary and sign in
indicating the time you arrive.
- Upon leaving, indicate the time on the sign in sheet and
retrieve your pass from the Counselors' Secretary. The
Secretary will sign and time the pass.
- Return the signed, timed pass to the teacher whose class
COLLEGE ADMISSIONS HANDBOOK
- Carefully revised each year to provide fresh information
to guide students through the college selection and
- Distributed to each Franklin junior in January.
COLLEGE RESOURCES ON THE
- Note: BFHS is not
responsible for content of linked sites.
Search - Strongly Recommended!
Financial Aid Information
Inc. - Excellent Scholarship search engine
College Entrance Page
College/University Home Pages
College Board (SAT
and AP Tests)
Return to the
Franklin Home Page