Johnson-Gretna Park Elementary School
Park Elementary School was erected in 1958. In Spring of 1987, the
school was renamed the Shirley T. Johnson-Gretna Park School. Mrs.
Johnson was the principal of the school from 1961 to 1971. The school
is located in the city of Gretna. The original site consisted of
twenty-two classrooms, cafetorium, and administrative areas. Over
the years, an annex building and nine portable buildings were added to
house eighteen additional classrooms and a library.
structure of the school is comprised of grades kindergarten through six,
special education, and gifted and talented. The Special Education
Department includes self-contained learning disabled, mild mentally disabled,
emotional/behavioral disordered classes.