ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN 2001
- SCHOLARSHIPS - Three local high school graduates, Christine Birrcher, David Birrcher, Ashley Martin and one LSU grad student, Angela Mannino,
received JAFCE scholarships totaling $2,050 in August.
- LEADERSHIP - A matching $500.00 leadership scholarship was awarded to Mary Floyd to attend the LSU Ag Center Leadership program over the next 2 years.
FAMILY AND CHILDREN
- GIRL SCOUTS - $100.00 donation.
- ADOPT-A-SCHOOL - Washington Elementary received a donation of $1,000.00 to purchase equipment, and Cox and Ames Elementaries each received $500.00 for school supplies for students.
- JEFFERSON PARISH 4-H - $100 donation will help send students to Short Course
- CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL - Donated headscarves for female cancer patients undergoing radiation treatments and 700 pillows.
- SALVATION ARMY CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS - several clubs fill stockings with
toys, books and candy for children
- FCE-TV AND TUNE OUT VIOLENCE DAY - hundreds pledged to turn off violent
TV programs on April 5th.
- RAISE-A-READER - over 1,800 packets of new children's books, baby burp pads, literacy information and FCE information were donated to area hospitals as an on-going project to encourage parents to read to their infants at an early age. Packets also will contain "Character Critters" booklets for pre-eschoolers and parents to learn good character and decision making. Two more hospitals will receive packets this year.
- GOSH GIFTS - Items were donated to Jefferson Community School for students to purchase for themselves or family members with points earned for good behavior.
- CHINCHUBA INSTITUTE FOR THE DEAF - collected hundreds of Campbell and other food
labels to be redeemed for equipment and supplies for students.
- RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE - donated thousands of aluminum pull tabs, games
and toys for patients.
- CHRISTMAS TREE MARSH BUILDING PROJECT - hundreds of members
recycle their trees on special pick-up days parishwide as part of this project.
For Questions or Comments, Please Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to the NEXT Page
Return to the PREVIOUS Page
Return to Greater New Orleans Free-Net Page