The original New Orleans Bicycle Club was established in the 1880's, and even built it's own clubhouse at the corner of Barrone and Penniston, just off St. Charles Avenue. The building is now a warehouse for Martin Wine Cellar, but he commerative plaque in the sidewalk is still there at the corner. The sheet music above was published around the turn of the century, and carries a dedication to the New Orleans Bicycle Club. Another local bicycle club was called the Louisiana Cycling Club, which held a 100 mile race on St. Charles Avenue on October 19, 1890. The event merited a long article in the local newspaper.