The following programs are considered our peak listener broadcasts, and command our highest rate.
Because WRBH holds a non profit, non commercial license, we cannot broadcast commercials. Underwriting announcements must be worded in a particular manner. The following are possible announcements for your consideration:
1. "This program has been made possible in part by a donation from (your business)."
2. "This program has been brought to you in part by a do nation from (your business, description of service or product.) (Your business) is proud to support the WRBH Radio Reading service for the Greater New Orleans area."
3. "This program has been made possible in part by (your business, description of service or product.) (Your business is a proud supporter of the only full time FM Radio Station in the Nation that serves the Blind and Visually Impaired, WRBH, 88.3, in New Orleans."
4. "This program has been made possible by (your business (Brief description of service or product.) (Your business) is proud to be a sponsor of Radio for the Blind."
5. "This portion of the Newspaper of the Air has been brought to you in part by (your business.)(Brief description of service or product, location). (Your business) is proud of its support of WRBH-FM."
6. "The reading of (Program) this week is underwritten by contributions from (Your business). (Brief description of business.)"
These are examples of the types of announcements we can make. We can give a very brief description of your business, but we cannot make comments that indicate that your business is better than anyone elses, such as: "Your business is the Number one (type of business) in New Orleans." We cannot use adjectives that sound like commercial statements, such as: "At (your business) we serve GREAT (whatever)". But basic, generic statement are legal.
We welcome you to visit WRBH and see the operation. For an appointment, call Randy Savoie, station manager at 899-1144.